The majestic view of Niagara Falls is undeniable. In combination of watching the fast Niagara River, forming picturesque views along the Gorge, hear the rumble of falling tons of water, the meeting with Niagara Falls remains unforgettable. There are many places near the waterfalls that offer panoramic views.
If you have decided to visit both the Canadian and American parts of Niagara and have the opportunity to visit more places, do not forget your passport.
The two sides offer slightly different types of experiences. While the Canadian coast is more crowded, offering more attractions and hotels to stay in, the American relies on Niagara State Park, which covers an area of 400 acres and thus turns this side of Niagara into a place full of greenery. Suitable for nature walks. In addition, the United States boasts ownership of several islands that offer a fairly close encounter with waterfalls and are an ideal place for photos – Goat, Green, Luna Island, and Three Sisters Islands.
On the American side you can find some of the best places to observe the Falls:
- The whole American side offers closer encounters with waterfalls. A typical example is the favorite attraction Maid of the Mist. This is probably the most recognizable attraction in Niagara Falls, New York. It is a trip with a double-decker boat, which will take you as close as possible to Horseshoe Falls, passing through the base of the American Falls. You will be able to experience the adrenaline from such closeness with the multi-ton amount of water that passes in a second and to feel the water splashes. The tour lasts about 20 minutes and during it, you get a raincoat, which to some extent protects your hair and clothes.
- The Prospect Point Observation Tower rises above Niagara George and is the only place on the US side from which you can get a complete view of the American Falls and Horseshoe Falls. The tower is 86 meters high and is visited annually by over 80 million tourists.
- Goat Island, which is part of Niagara Falls State Park, is the piece of land that divides Bridal Veil Falls and Horseshoe Falls. Its edge reveals an incredibly close view of the waterfalls. Some famous attractions are located there, most of which promises a very close encounter with the waterfalls.
Terrapin Point, located on the western coast of Goat Island, reveals an overall magnificent view of the Canadian shore of Niagara Falls.
- The Niagara Gorge Trail is ideal for those who love long walks and hikes. Along the way, there are several wonderful observation points on the waterfalls, and throughout you can enjoy the beauty of Niagara Gorge.
- Three Sisters Islands is a group of three small islands connected to Goat Island The islands are located very close to the border between the US and Canada and reveal a magnificent view of the rapids right before reaching Horseshoe Falls.
- Luna Island is connected to Goat Island by a footbridge. It has amazing walking paths, and the location provides breathtaking views and brilliant opportunities for photos.
- Whirlpool Aero Car is an attraction that provides the opportunity to move over the Niagara River itself, by cable car, while in front of us reveal the most picturesque views of Niagara.
The various travel agencies offer a wide range of tours that have stops at the most famous and popular observation spots.
The Canadian side, which is also more visited by tourists, offers more panoramic views.
It is no coincidence that they are also preferred for weddings and other photoshoots.
- Queen Victoria Park, which stretches along the Niagara River from Horseshoe Falls to Rainbow Bridge, is filled with scenic views and panoramic views of the falls. Filled with greenery, this is a great place for a walk and relaxation.
- Hornblower Cruises offer an experience similar to that of Maid of the Mist – a boat trip to the base of the waterfall, where you can feel and hear its power.
- Journey Behind the Falls will take you beyond the waters of Horseshoe Falls, through 150 feet of rock. Two observation platforms and several viewing portals will bring you as close as possible to the falling water mass. This is an unforgettable experience and a must-stop during your trip.
- Table Rock Visitor Center is created as an observation and retail center and has several areas at different heights, from where the view is revealed.
- Skylon Tower is an observation tower, an ideal place for family vacations. It has a dining room and a buffet so that tourists can enjoy delicious local delicacies and magnetic views at the same time. If you are one of those who want to take panoramic photos, you can use the glass Ride-to-the-Top elevator, which will take you to an observation platform overlooking New York, Buffalo, and the Niagara wine region.
- On the Canadian coast, there are also a number of travel agencies that offer tours of the most picturesque places around Niagara. An example is Grayline’s Canadian Rainbow Tour, a 4-hour tour that includes visits to Hornblower’s Niagara Gorge Cruise or Journey Behind the Falls.
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience is also a helicopter flight – a 12-minute adventure during which you can take pictures.
On both the Canadian and American sides of the falls, there are a number of places providing breathtaking views, parks ideal for long walks, and attractions that will take you right to the base of the falls.