Niagara Falls State Park is located in the State of New York on the American shore of Niagara Falls.
Founded in 1885, it is the largest and oldest state park in America.
As a major tourist destination, the park is becoming a huge economic resource. In fact, Niagara Falls State Park is the only place on the US side of the waterfalls that reveals the magnificent view of the American Falls, the Bridal Veil Falls, and part of Horseshoe Falls. This makes it a must-see for all tourists who want to see Niagara Falls from America.
The purpose of creating this main tourist destination (created as Niagara Reservation) is to protect the nature around the Niagara River. Although this goal remains to this day, visitors have the opportunity not only to have a walk, but also to visit exhibitions and other events, have a picnic in a relaxed atmosphere, or have fun with one of the many attractions.
Quite deservedly, the State Park takes the 10th place in the ranking of the most beautiful places in America.
The State Park, which covers a huge area of 400 acres, is opened 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Tourists do not pay an entrance fee, but the individual attractions in the park are paid.
The closest airport is not far away as well – about 30 minutes away. It is Buffalo-Niagara International Airport.
Niagara Falls State Park offers various attractions, most of which are suitable for people with limited mobility. If you decide to visit it remember that all attractions have their own work schedule and check it so as not to be disappointed.
Niagara Scenic Trolley offers a complete tour of the park. The ticket is valid for the whole day so it is possible to get off to see the sights, have lunch or just take a walk and then continue the tour.
Perhaps every tourist who has visited Niagara Falls State Park has heard or tried the most famous attraction – Cave of the Winds. Tourists get the opportunity to walk the wooden alleys to Hurricane Deck, where they are meters away from the falling water with great force. The feeling of closeness to such natural wonder is something unforgettable.
Maid of the Mist is the other favorite and famous attraction for tourists. This is a boat tour that leads to the middle between the falling waters of American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls revealing a sight that is sealed in memories.
The Aquarium of Niagara is a great destination if you are visiting Niagara Falls with your family. The aquatic animals that live there number over 1500 species. Tourists and their families can learn a lot and have fun in this water world at the same time.
Whether you like historical or adventure movies Niagara Adventure Theater can offer you both. Here the film genre is intertwined with the historical reality and facts about the development of Niagara, which makes this attraction very educational.
If you or your children have an interest in history and science, then Niagara Gorge Discovery Center is the perfect place for you. Supplied with high-tech visual equipment, this place offers the opportunity to learn everything about the 12,000 years of waterfalls formation.
The Оbservation Тower is the perfect place for lovers of majestic views. With its 230 feet high, it is the only place in the United States that allows you to observe both American Falls and Horseshoe Falls.
Niagara-USA Discovery Pass is the perfect way to get access to all the main attractions in Niagara Falls State Park with one ticket as well as a whole day in which you can use Niagara Scenic Trolley.
The unique Niagara Falls State Park offers the opportunity for a relaxed atmosphere, a walk in the nature, learning historical information and fun attractions in one place.
Complete list of all Niagara Falls State Park attractions:
- American Falls
- Aquarium of Niagara – a Whole Water World Near the Falls
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Buffalo Zoo – Fun for All Ages
- Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University
- Cave of The Winds Niagara Falls – A Journey To Remember
- Devil`s Hole State Park – a favorite place in the Niagara George
- Fantasy Island – have fun with your family right next to Niagara Falls
- Goat Island – the Land Between the Waterfalls
- Hyde Park – a Place for Sport and Rest
- Hydro Power Niagara Falls – one of the biggest hydroelectric power plants in the world
- Luna Island – The Best Kept Secret of Niagara Falls, NY
- Maid of the Mist
- Niagara Adventure Theater – Excitement or the Whole Family
- Niagara Aerospace Museum
- Niagara Arts and Cultural Center
- Niagara Falls State Park
- Niagara Gorge Discovery Center
- Niagara Scenic Trolley – a tour at Niagara Falls State Park
- Niagara USA Discovery Pass
- Niagara Wax Museum of History
- Niagara Whirlpool – Another Natural Phenomenon
- Old Fort Niagara State Historic Site
- Prospect Point – Niagara Falls Observation Tower
- Regal Niagara Falls
- Terrapin Point – One of the Best Views of Niagara Falls
- Three Sisters Islands
- Whirlpool Rapids Bridge – a Connection between Canada and USA